Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dr.Jean, Valentine's Day, 100th day

Several weeks ago I went and saw Dr.Jean with my fellow kindergarten partner-in-crime at my school. We love Dr. Jean and tried to sign up for the conference even before they had all the information out about it. She is a rock star. I can remember back to my student teaching days learning the Tooty Ta song. She makes you fall in love with teaching younger children all over again! She has such a passion and fun spirit that shines through. I am working on a great project that I got the idea from her, and plan on posting it for free here. I even got a picture with her.
Then came Valentine's day, what a crazy day that is with all the candy and valentine cards. Parties are so much work! To my students’ smiles and their parents’ excitement it makes it all worth it to make it a special day. A little shout out to my wonderful husband who sent me flowers and planned a great night. The next day, Feb. 15th, was the 100th day of school. All morning I thought about how I wanted to make a grand entrance at my door for the students. I have a very long drive to work, so all the way that is all I could think. Below is what I came up with. I left it up all day long for the students to crawl through. It is just two hula hoops duct taped together and then to the wall.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your blog, and love following you! I have nominated you blog for an award! Hop on over to my blog and check it out!

    Mrs. Krull
    Of Primary Importance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so, so cute! I am happy to be your newest follower! I have met Dr. Jean too and love her. She has inspired me to create some of the *freebies* on my blog. I would love for you to come grab some...there are LOTS and LOTS! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete