Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Birthday

Happy Birthday to me Well I know it’s not about teaching but some of the things I got are great ideas for teaching, and just because I had a great birthday I want to share. First, my birthday fell on a Sunday so my husband had a day planned out for me on the Saturday before. We went to Arts and Scraps in Detroit. I love arts and crafts all the way so I was so excited to go see what this place was all about. It’s a great deal for teachers and if you are into crafts. You fill a brown grocery bag with whatever you want for 7 dollars, or 6 for teachers. The place is full of recycled materials, donated goods, and anything else you could imagine to make different projects. My favorite area was the fabric heaven which is a room filled with all different fabrics. Also, they had some cool letters that you can put on shirts. Check them out at www.facebook.com/pages/Arts-Scraps/70181887802. Then, from there my husband took me to get some more bling to add on to my engagement and wedding band that was a total surprise for me. No pictures of that because it’s custom made so it’s not done. Then had a nice dinner out. On Sunday I had a party with my family. My mother planned a pink purse party theme (can you tell she is a teacher as well). She still makes my birthdays special after all these years. I had made my dog Pepper this pink tie for the party, so he fit right into my mom’s theme.

A great birthday gift I received was a Silhouette electronic cutting tool. I am so pumped to get the creative thoughts flowing. It will be great for projects in the classroom as well.
Keep checking back for my first give away, coming soon. Friend me now on my blog or tpt at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dig-for-words and you will be put in double for the drawing. Hint about my give away; I do like arts and crafts.


No comments:

Post a Comment